January 16th, 0830-1030 in McGee Auditorium
Teleconference to VVMC Education Department
Session 1: Caring for Victims of Sexual Abuse
This session will concentrate on assessment and applicable interventions related to caring for the victim of sexual abuse during the perinatal period.
- Identify the long term effects of trauma
- Recognize signs that a person may be suffering from triggered PTSD response
- Describe and access resources for helping that person cope effectively
- Identify self care strategies for vicarious trauma
- CEUs available
- Email Lynn Harris at Lynn.firstname.lastname@example.org to register.