Professional Development for Rural Healthcare Providers and Community Organizations
Women’s Health Symposium
- The 2nd annual Rural Women’s Health Symposium. June 28-29, 2017 in Sedona, Arizona. Presentation Folder
- 2016 Symposium presentations: Presentation Folder
Highlighted Webinars. (Visit our Resource Webinars page for upcoming webinars.)
- Challenging Victims: The Delicate Dynamics of Drug and Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault – September 22nd.
- Arizona Telemedicine Program. All previous webinars.
- –Caregiving Violence: Who are the victims and who are the perpetrators? Recorded Webinar.
- –The Vivir Mejor! (Live Better!) Consortium: Preventing and Treating Diabetes in Rural Santa Cruz County: Recorded Webinar.
- –Present and Future Direction of Lung Cancer Treatment: Recorded Webinar.
- –KidsCare is Back: Recorded webinar.
- Tribal Forensic Healthcare Webinars.
- –Human Trafficking in Tribal country-November 2, 2017.
- Human Trafficking in Rural Communities. Recorded webinar.
- Collaborating to Address Trafficking in Rural Communities: Lessons from the Field. Recorded webinar.
- End Violence Against Women International. Webinar Archives.
- National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center. Webinar Archives.
- Annual Arizona Rural Health Conferences
- Arizona Public Health Association Fall Conference: Arizona’s Opioid Epidemic-September 28, 2017.
- Arizona Health Equity Conference: October 12, 2017
- Arizona Telemedicine Training Program
- Sonoran Prevention Works–Free training on how to prevent, recognize, and respond to overdose or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CDC Training Series for Health Care Providers on Prescribing Opioids.
- Arizona Opioid Response Trainings
- Mental Health First Aid Course-Help you identify, understand, and respond.
Trainings for Service Providers on Gaps in Access to Sexual Violence Services
- Sexual Assault Examiner Trainings online and in person Tribal Forensic Healthcare
- Free Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview in Arizona–September 25
- Arizona Coalition to End Sexual & Domestic Violence Upcoming Trainings and Events
- 2017 National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence.–September 26-28, 2017.
Trainings and Professional Development on Coordinated Responses and Trauma-Informed Care
- Stop. Observe. Ask. Respond (SOAR) Human Trafficking Training. A Training for Health Care and Social Services Providers
- Recognizing and Responding to Human Trafficking in a Healthcare Context
- National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC)
- Trauma-informed Practices in Home Visiting.
- Vicarious Trauma Toolkit for First Responders and Victim Service Providers
Community Health Worker Curriculum Presentations and Trainings
- AMIGAS–AMIGAS stands for “Ayudando a Las Mujeres con Información, Guía y Amor para su Salud.” In English, this means “Helping Women with Information, Guidance, and Love for Their Health.” AMIGAS is a bilingual educational outreach intervention designed to help promotoras (community health workers) and other lay health educators increase cervical cancer screening among Hispanics who have rarely or never had a Pap test.